Dec 05, 2021
Delivery Area: Statewide - BS Completion
Nursing Admissions Requirements:
- High School or College-level Biology with Lab with a grade of B (not B-) or higher
- High School or College-level Chemistry with a grade of B (not B-) or higher
- Completion of ENG 100 with a grade of C (not C-) or higher, or appropriate placement scores
- Completion of MAT 015 or MAT 030 with a grade of C (not C-) or higher, or appropriate placement scores
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
Bachelor’s Degree Requirements:
- Minimum 121 Credit Hours
- Writing Intensive Course
- Minimum Cumulative G.P.A.: 2.5
- 30 Credit Hours of Residency Courses
- 9 Credits of Upper-Level Major Residency Courses
- Minimum G.P.A. in the Major: 2.5
Program Major Requirements (103 Credit Hours):
All NUR courses must be passed with a C+ (not C) or higher for successful completion. All other courses must be passed with a C (not C-) or higher.
Remaining General Education Requirements (18 Credit Hours):
All courses must be passed with a C (not C-) or higher.
THIS SECTION IS WAIVED FOR THOSE WHO HOLD A PRIOR BACHELORS DEGREE FROM A REGIONALLY ACCREDITED INSTITUTION.
Complete one of the following Computer Information Systems electives (3):
Complete one of the following Fine Arts electives (3):
Complete two of the following Humanities electives (6):
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing 4-year degree pathway is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- All BIO, CHY, and MAT courses must be taken within 10 years of admission to the program to count toward degree completion
- Sample curriculum can be found here.
It is the intention of the University of Maine at Augusta that every degree graduate will be prepared to function in our society as an effective and informed citizen. To this end, the faculty has designed a set of minimum expectations that students are expected to satisfy. The aspirations are defined by core skills, competencies, and abilities as well as knowledge based learning experiences that are the grounds for the General Education Requirements. To learn more, visit www.uma.edu/academics/general-education/